Loneliness is the main factor amongst rich parents. Children who, due to many affluence related factors, have better chances to go the wrong way. The poor children suffer under sense of lassitude and deprivation and the affluence of rich children forces them to join hands with anti-social elements that are using them as drug carriers. Their poverty and innocence are their drawbacks which are exploited by unscrupulous people. So, if you desire to keep your children satisfied, happy and obeying every nerve should be exerted that their reasonable demands are met, without not much delay. They get tense when their demands (even if most reasonable and just) are turned down. Even a child has self-respect and has the right to be loved, looked after well and, above all, motivated and guided in a friendly, suave and persuasive way. Parents can also seek help from children’s classmates and teachers in this respect. Behavioral disorder is the first symptom of stressful state and as soon as the same is noticed, it should be dealt with and treated, failing which a Pandora’s Box of further complications would open. Try to nip the evil in the bud. Parents spend plenty of money on welfare of their children but forget mere provision of facilities or providing funds therefore, won’t suffice, because personal care is valued more by their siblings. If they find solace elsewhere, then something is lacking with parental love and care which cannot be substituted by even huge amount of money.
Try the following suggestions as a stress relieving exercise with regard to children
• Cultivate active habits — balancing properly and proportionately their activities, studies, play and entertainment, food and rest timings.
• Avoid bossing over them and keeping them under iron discipline or giving them a loose and long rope.
Approach should be a blend of reasonable discipline, love, care, affection and attachment.
• Meet reasonable and just demands, without giving them even a faint impression that they can, at will, force their opinions or decisions on you or else their aspirations, hopes and demands are bound to be yielded:
• Provide them company which, if not possible, should be compensated by free mixing with their friends and classmates, occasional visits to relatives, movie watching, games (indoor or outdoor), children’s magazines etc.
• An outing a month will have salutary effect on a child or an annual visit to some hill station or place of interest or a relative.
• Having food outside your home will change the tense atmosphere and also that child’s preferences for a particular food item, should be met with, so as to avoid monotony.
• Children should be listened to patiently and intently so far as their problems are concerned. In this respect elder children, classmates and teachers can lend a helping hand.
• Look after child’s health, and immediately attend to his health problems. If necessary, a doctor’s help may be sought.
• Congenial atmosphere at home, receptive and sympathetic approach will spare the innocent one the agony of deprivation and neglect.
• Ask for preferences of your child, with regard to food dress, reading, entertainment etc.
• Never humiliate your child, rather try to understand his mental problem and try first to find out and then remove the factors that were responsible for his changed behavior